Rslogix500 Watermeter need to valid ladder

Martindag

Hi guys,

I recently added a water meter to my micrologix 1400 which send a pulse every 10 liters. to log a quantity of water that go thought my water entrance.

It was working fine for like 6 month and the last weekend for some reason in my datalog i got like 100,000 liter of water that was counted from my water meter while nobody was actualy working.

It could be someone that left open a 2'' valve for all the weekend, or maybe the water meter is not working correctly, but maybe my program is bad also and is not counting right.

So if any of you could maybe valid it it start at the row 0017 to 0021, that would be very appreciated. Thanks !

B3:3/12 is my 120vac pulse input on my AB Micrologix 1400
F8:9 is what im use for my datalogging in cubic meter

Waiting for your feedback thanks ! (sorry the comment in the ladder are in french :D)

I got close of 200,000 liters of water on my datalog for all the weekend that should not be there šŸ™ƒ

Good idea, i could add a logic to counter any possibility of pulse bouncing.

But i watched so many log im starting to wonder if it's not someone that opened a 1/2'' valve of water on the night shift and forgot it open all the weekend.

i tested it a 1/2'' at the pressure i get i can fill a 1000L in 10 min. thats 6000 L/hour
it's 144000 liter in 24 hours which could possibly be the reason also...

I asked a engineer that build this water meter and he told me never anyone ever told him in 16 years and a volume was going up and not down when counting their pulse from this type of water meter (paddle switch type) it work or not, or the wheel get dirty and you lose some count maybe.