RSLogix 5K Firm Ware Updates

ian.smith7

Hi All
Just recently I was updating the firmware in a 1756-L61 Processor mounted in a rack that also contained a sercos card. I was doing this by downloading the PLC program that I had converted from FW V13 to V19.
When the firmware upgrade window came up it had also detected the sercos card and had v20 FW highlighted as the choice for it.
I knew the sercos card would need updating but had used the online compatibility checker and chosen V19 for the it. I know there may be more than 1 FW version mix that works OK but my question is:
When RSLogix 5K recommends a FW version for a module during this program download and FW upgrade, is it checked for compatibility or just the latest version available the laptop. Does this also take into account compatibility with the servo drives attached to the sercos card?

cheers
ian

RSLogix5000 has very little to do with the firmware versions presented. All it did was launch ControlFlash. ControlFlash can only display the firmware versions it has loaded, it does no recommendations or compatibility checking.

Thanks for the replies.
I did not know that the sercos card had to have the same FW version as the processor. That may be why it seemed the best choice in the compatibility checker.
It did seem too good to be true that Control Clash would do its own compatibility checks.
Cheers
ian