Rockwell/Siemens Communication

FNC

I have a L33ER PLC that I would like to be able to communicate with various Siemens PLCs. I do not know which Siemens PLCs.

Is there a way to use implicit messaging where I add a module to my PLC and then it automatically links with the Siemens PLC?

There's no way natively, to do what you're asking for. You'll have to add communication interface modules on one end or the other. Prosoft makes a few Profibus modules that you could add to the CompactLogix to communicate with the Siemens PLC's. But it's not as easy as just installing the module and plugging in the cable. You'll have to put quite a bit of thought into understanding how the Profibus network is setup and whether to go with a Master or Slave card.

Prosoft

Is there a single Prosoft module that can communicate with all Siemens PLCs or do I need to find out which Siemens PLCs first?

Hi

You will need to make sure the Siemens plc has profibus
If it's a 200 then I think you are in trouble
If it's a 300 make sure it has a dp port,
If it's a 400 I think you are ok

Donnchadh

You will need to know what you deal with first.

Not all Siemens PLC's come with profibus, or profinet for that matter.

The newer PLC's (1200 and 1500) have profinet on board, you might want to go that route if it is indeed those plc's.