Hide Development Button InTouch

Ones_Zeros

Hey
I have several computers that has development license on them

I want to add security access to this development button, so from within Runtime anyone can't open Windowmaker, without properly logging on to do this.

Is there a clever way to add or hide the Development option from with InTouch?

I was able to use group policy to restrict WindowMaker from opening, but I would rather do this within InTouch if possible

Thanks,

Haven't done InTouch since 2007, but back in the day I created a small window and set it's position to cover the development button. I think I had to set the window's X position to a negative number. Then I used CTRL+SHIFT+C to close the window and CTRL+SHIFT+O to open the window.

is there a way I could write a batch file so that with Wonderware access level rights I could click a button to enable or disable WindowMaker?

Thanks,

What Tark suggests with covering the menu bar with a small blank window is how I've always done it. The Y window coordinate is the one that needs to be negative.

I just make that window execute a check on $AccessLevel every 1000ms while the window is showing. If $Accesslevel is greater than 9000 then i hide the window.

Of course you could do it with a button too. Just use a memory tag that you can toggle on and off instead of $Accesslevel

Ok...I think i may have it but i do have a problem.

The small window I created that is to hide the Development option while I'm in Runtime is not appearing in all my windows?

Here is my script:
IF $AccessLevel>9998
THEN
Hide "Development" ;

ENDIF;

*Development is my small Window name that I created
* Also configured the window as a "Popup" so it covered the development option

This hides the development option, administrator has access level 9999 assigned to it, but it doesn't cover all windows just the one
If i open a different window I still see the development option

How do I configure this window to stay up & covering the development option on all of my windows that are opened as i move to different windows?

Thanks,

Ok...I think i may have it but i do have a problem.

The small window I created that is to hide the Development option while I'm in Runtime is not appearing in all my windows?

Here is my script:
IF $AccessLevel>9998
THEN
Hide "Development" ;

ENDIF;

*Development is my small Window name that I created
* Also configured the window as a "Popup" so it covered the development option

This hides the development option, administrator has access level 9999 assigned to it, but it doesn't cover all windows just the one
If i open a different window I still see the development option

How do I configure this window to stay up & covering the development option on all of my windows that are opened as i move to different windows?

Thanks,

Use an "on open" window script on all of your "replace" windows to show the pop-up.

not sure if i understand??
Use an "on open" window script on all of your "replace" windows to show the pop-up.

here is a pic of what i have:
Window_Script.jpg

So say I have 50 different Windows configured
I would have to configure a Window Script on each of these windows to show the pop-up window that i'm wanting to use to cover the development option?

do you care to show a example please, so I fully understand?

Thanks alot,

Last edited:
not sure if i understand??

here is a pic of what i have:
Window_Script.jpg

So say I have 50 different Windows configured
I would have to configure a Window Script on each of these windows to show the pop-up window that i'm wanting to use to cover the development option?

do you care to show a example please, so I fully understand?

Thanks alot,

Yes. You need an "on show" script for every replace window, since opening a replace window inherently closes all other opened windows. So, you'll need to show the pop-up again after showing the replace window causes it to close.

Does this look right?
here is a pic
On_Show.jpg

The window script for the Window named Test will show the
"Development" pop-up window "On Show" condition

So I will have to make this configuration for each Window I have?

I have this script as "While Showing" so I can disable the pop-up window "Development" , after logged in as Administrator:
IF $AccessLevel>9998
THEN
Hide "Development" ;
ENDIF;

If this looks right, I guess the only other thing to do is hide the WindowMaker program in the Wonderware programs folder, so
someone just doest open Windowmaker

Thanks

Does this look right?
here is a pic
On_Show.jpg

The window script for the Window named Test will show the
"Development" pop-up window "On Show" condition

So I will have to make this configuration for each Window I have?

I have this script as "While Showing" so I can disable the pop-up window "Development" , after logged in as Administrator:
IF $AccessLevel>9998
THEN
Hide "Development" ;
ENDIF;

If this looks right, I guess the only other thing to do is hide the WindowMaker program in the Wonderware programs folder, so
someone just doest open Windowmaker

Thanks

I wouldn't run the script that checks access level continuously while the window is showing. You could run it as a "data change" script triggered by $AccessLevel instead, and then it will only execute when necessary.