Name of traffic lite phenomenon

realolman

I have seen some people use a logic term for people sitting at a traffic light ...when the light changes they don't all start moving at once but there is a delay for each vehicle
What is the name for that?

Traffics Lights - Progressively Regressive

Peter Natchtwey has referred to it in the past as...

First Order Plus Delay Time (FOPDT)

Initial vehicle has an Acceleration Time Constant (ACT) greater than the subsequent vehicle(s).

The "art" of coordinating a "platoon" of vehicles through successive intersections is known as "Progression".

The "art" of discussing it here on the Forum is known as "Regression"...

...In both its statistical and therapeutic forms.

Regards,
George

Similar Topics

Using FTview ME to create an HMI screen. Simplest task is giving me trouble. How do I create an HMI tag that will allow the name of the current...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working on a project using an Allen-Bradley 1769-L30ER v31 and a Panelveiw Plus7 v11. I have an AOI that keeps track of the time a...
Replies
Views
HI! HOW COULD I OBTAIN THE NAMES OF THE STEPS OF A ROUTINE IN SFC LANGUAGE IN STUDIO5000? Or is there a system variable that gives me those...
Replies
Views
I am using FactoryTalk View Studio ME to create an application for an allen-bradley panelview plus7. I am attempting to get the loaded application...
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently started working at a place that uses Emerson/GE. They have installed some newer RSTI-EP remote I/O replacing the old genius...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom