SoMachine Alarms Management

Hugh Wood

Hi, I'm new to using SoMachine and doing OK so far, but would appreciate some advice as follows:

I am trying to set up Alarms Management (to enable web visualization) in the Logic Builder, but the Application tree has no option to select an Alarm Configuration Object as described in the help file below:

Setting-up an Alarm Configuration Tree
Set up an appropriate Alarm Configuration tree in a project below the respective application as shown in the following figure.

• First insert an Alarm Configuration object in the Applications tree below the application by clicking the green plus button and executing the command Add other objects → Alarm configuration.... The respective library AlarmManager.library is added to the Library Manager automatically.​

It does not appear to be a device related option. Am I missing something, or do I need to install a particular library first?

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Hi, I'm new to using SoMachine and doing OK so far, but would appreciate some advice as follows:

I am trying to set up Alarms Management (to enable web visualization) in the Logic Builder, but the Application tree has no option to select an Alarm Configuration Object as described in the help file below:

Setting-up an Alarm Configuration Tree
Set up an appropriate Alarm Configuration tree in a project below the respective application as shown in the following figure.

• First insert an Alarm Configuration object in the Applications tree below the application by clicking the green plus button and executing the command Add other objects → Alarm configuration.... The respective library AlarmManager.library is added to the Library Manager automatically.​

It does not appear to be a device related option. Am I missing something, or do I need to install a particular library first?

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
Hugh,

The alarm manager is not implemented in SoMachine. Unfortunately, the help file depicts it. Will have to get it removed by RND.

You will either need to create your own alarm handler logic or use the one in Vijeodesigner software/ Magelis HMI.

Thanks.

Thanks Mohua, I did eventually get a response from our local Schneider Tech Help here in Australia, who explained this is because SoMachine is adapted from the CoDeSys and this capability is available in CoDeSys but not SoMachine. I worked around... btw I'm using a web visualisation not a HMI panel, but am fully familiar with VijeoDesigner.

Many thanks
Steve (Hugh) Wood.