Looking for Cellular based Autodialer. Whats out there?

dpslusser

Hey guys, I am digging around the internet trying to research voice autodialers and their features. I am looking to create a list of manufactures so i can review.

Here is my list so far:

1. RACO (Verbatim)
2. Antx, Inc.
3. Viking
4. Barnett ProTalk
5. EDAC

I have used RACO, Viking and only 1 Antx. Recently, a RACO connected to a Control Logix and let me tell you....what a pain the rear end. I know autodialers are becoming few and far between, but I feel that some of these companies could really benefit by getting with the times. How about a Web Interface for commissioning!!!! It sucks having to use a finger to program 50 some alarms into a dialer!!

And how about NOT sending a manual as thick and hard to read as a King James Bible!! And then have tech support inform you that there is a dozen addendum's to the manual. :mad:

Anyway, I digress.

My reason for wanting more options, is to find a better product that what I have used in the past.

10 years ago we had the requirement to use autodialers. I had some questions and the sales manager for RAco told me find the manual on the web and read it. The ANTX guy answered my questions on the phone.

So I've been using the ANTX dialers, a landline version. The first one is still running a decadey later. I don't know whether they have a cellular version or not.

I too was shocked 10 years ago that the configuration was so primitive and remains so today. Straight out of 1978. But the customer still refuses to use a dialer that is PC based.

I totally agree.

I've set up several landbased dialers for discrete signals. But recently had to set up a Verbatim Gateway with Ethernet to a control logix. It took me a day of dealing with RACO to get the thing communicating. All the guy kept doing was sending me manuals to do it on my own. I just looked at Antx site and didn't see any Allen Bradley support that wasn't modbus. What a shame.

I did use an Antx about 4 yeas a go with a prosoft card. It was cell based. The tech support guy I talked to was great. He actually dialed into the modem to help me set it up.

I just wish it talked natively with AB. Especially for CompactLogix and for cost sake.

Looking at Antx website, they now have PC configuration.

That were there has me sold on future projects.

I'm actually gunna reach out to Antx on Monday to pick their brain.

***couldn't find the edit button for my post above to edit the last 3 lines***

Looking at Antx website, they now have PC configuration.

That feature right there has me sold on future projects.

I'm gunna reach out to Antx on Monday to pick their brain.

I've used tons of Barnett Protalk dialers. everything except their very first auto dialers had pc software to configure it but also allow dialing changes. also voices were easier to record that way. the CV3 is cellular 3g based and I like them, but they aren't cheap. also, I've never set up their alarms via comms from the PLC. they have always been hardwired DO's to the Protalk DI's. which limits you to 8-10 alarm groups.

Out of all the dialers I found so far, I keep going back to the ProTalk website to look at them.

Do you buy direct from them?

Yes, i buy direct from them. the cv3 with yagi antenna and cable was 2300 CAD on my last quote, end of 2015. very solid, honestly its the standard in Alberta, maybe because they are based out of Calgary, AB and have a good product. Every other autodialer ive dealt with has been a pain, but again thats because i am most familiar with protalks lol

That may be so but the CV3 is limited to hardwired . compare it to a Protalk link over ethernet. then we'd see a better comparison

That may be so but the CV3 is limited to hardwired . compare it to a Protalk link over ethernet. then we'd see a better comparison

True.

I'm going to give them a shout out on Monday as well. I already sent there Sales Dept. an email. Hopefully they'll deal with US sales.

I can give you the same functionality of an autodialer, but also provide trending capability, and a web and mobile interface to modify or change the alerting options. Also can do email and text. I dont know what yall are paying for cellular, but my service with the cellular is probably cheaper than what you pay.

I can give you the same functionality of an autodialer, but also provide trending capability, and a web and mobile interface to modify or change the alerting options. Also can do email and text. I dont know what yall are paying for cellular, but my service with the cellular is probably cheaper than what you pay.

I sent you a PM

He does have a decent price. I may end up using him for a client yet, just he has been very slow to decide, i started looking into it 3 months ago and i think it will be at least another 3 before he makes up his mind lol