RSLOGIX 500 starter activation

captjaylo

Good day!
I would like to ask how to reset my activation since i changed the whole computer where the previous license was installed. But when trying to activate it once again It gives me the message license is active please select another product to activate. Any advice will be much appreciated thank you

You need to use FactoryTalk activation manager to release the license and then reaquire it online using FactoryTalk Activation Manager.

You can also call Rockwell's activation support line and they can perform the process for you if you are unsure of how to do it.

I had used the activation tool by selecting the GET NEW ACTIVATION on the menu. There were three steps given after clicking the GET NEW ACTIVATION on the left side menu: 1- Enter activation information-By giving my serial number and the product key(ok it displays the info of the product name). 2-Validate activation - It says your activation has been validated. 3. Download activation - Here, I can no longer click the button DOWNLOAD ACTIVATION. It was partly hidden(gray color in which i got stuck up). Any suggestion or any other way to do it guys? thanks in advance.

I was not able to contact also the nearby distributor (Bahrain and Oman, middle-east area) that's why it gives me head ache. Also the supplier of the machine can no longer be contacted.

Last edited:
Before you can use the "get new activation" section on your new computer, you need to use the "rehost activation" on your old computer. Rehosting an activation releases it for re-download on another machine.

If you have internet access from the old computer, it's quite straightforward - just as straightforward as the "get new activation" part on the new computer. If you don't have internet access, it's doable, but more difficult.

I did perform the rehosting but when connecting to the rockwell website licensing (maybe for validation) but the error message "website cannot be reached". I printed my rehost code and the license already gone from my old computer. I really need to directly Rockwell company and tell them to delete any existing HOST ID and activation that has been made under my account license..

If you guys have a direct telephone contact for technical support preferably UK area so it would be near for me to place a call. I appreciate your support and ideas. Thanks a lot.

If you performed a Rehost Activation then it should have created a Rehost file.

The Rehost file is just for convenience as it stores the Rehost Code and product details for automatic entry on the website.

If you don't have the Rehost file, but you do have the Rehost Code, then you can manually enter it and the product details on the website yourself.

Here is the link to the Step 1 where you would normally Upload the Rehost file...

Rehost Activations Webpage

If you do not have the file then use the "Skip This Step" button at the bottom to proceed to...

Step 2: Enter Details

Choose the Hardware Host ID you want to bind the Activation to. Let's say the local Hard Drive. Select under Binding Type - "Hard Drive Serial Number".

Next you need to ender the Binding ID which is the Serial Number of the Hard Drive. To find this out then in Windows, on the new workstation computer, go to Start and Run a Command Prompt Session (CMD) and type...

vol

This will give you the local C Drive Serial Number.

Example...

7CB5-7E55

Type your Serial Number into the Binding ID field.

If you are binding the Activation to a USB Dongle then select FlexNet Dongle V8 or V9, depending on your type, and enter its Serial Number. This is often printed on the side of the Dongle.

Example...

FLEXnet ID: 9-1A2B3CD4

Another way to find out the Serial Number of available hardware Host ID devices on the new workstation is to use FactoryTalk Activation Manager...

Go to Advanced tab>Show Host IDs

Here you will see the Serial Numbers for any detected USB Dongles, Hard Disk Drive(s) or LAN adapters local to the workstation.

So back on the webpage...

Next enter the Software Serial Number.

Then the Rehost Code you say you have.

Step 3: Download License File

This should then generate a new license file for the Activation and you should have the option to Download it.

This license file should then be placed in the Activations folder on your new workstation computer (assuming normal local use).

The default location is...

Windows XP...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations

OR...

Windows 7, etc....

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations

Refresh the Activation Server under Advanced tab>Manage This Server>Refresh Server

...or reboot.

Then your software should Activate.

I hope this helps get you sorted.

Regards,
George

Last edited: