Ftvs-me display screen securty list

bright676

I am adding a node to a pv+, no problem there.

The project has 187 different displays with different security codes for each display. (A, B, C, D, etc.)

Is there any way with out opening each and every display and then going to display settings to get the code for each screen?

I would think there would be a file with all of the settings but the manual does not say any thing about it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't know of any way - I would suggest that there probably isn't one, simply because that's not the way the display security is typically used.

Typically, instead of each display having a unique security ID, each user or user group has certain codes. The highest level access has all codes, next one down has all except A, next one down has all except A and B, and so on until the lowly operators perhaps have all except A, B, C, D, E and F. Then you just decide what level your screens should be accessible to, and set their security accordingly.

Giving each screen a unique security code seems odd - and seeing as you have 87 displays and there are only 16 security codes anyway, that's likely not what's going on here.

Now, if you were talking about the display number, then that would make more sense...

Just to clarify - are you after the security code for each screen, or the display number for each screen? You've circled both.

As I said above, I don't know of any way to get the security code for each screen.

I also don't know of a way to get the display number for each screen. With all of my projects, I prefix the screen name with the screen number for documentation purposes. So instead of my displays just being called "Main_Menu" and "Settings", they're called "001_Main_Menu" and "099_Settings". If there's no such documentation in your project, you might be out of luck. If you've got to open every single display to work it out, you might be wise to rename all your displays while you're at it, to save yourself the same headache 12 months down the road :)

I have the display #, they put it in the screen name in the explorer bar. I just want the security code for each one.

Last edited:
I don't know of a way to get the security code for each display. Why do you need to know every screen's security code to add a new display?

To only allow certain people, certain screens. I want to find a away to do it easier than opening every display and making a excel file for it.

I think I'm missing something here. Surely the access controls for the existing 187 screens are already set up? If you're trying to work out which security code to assign to your new display, surely you can work it out based on the user security setup, rather than reverse-engineering it from the individual display settings?

Ok, I'm game,

How would you do it. Assign certain display screens to certain people with out knowing what all 187 codes are unless I open each one individually?

Well, assuming that it no display security has been set up previously and you want to now set up display security to restrict certain displays to certain people, I would:

1. Set up a user security matrix as described in my first post
2. Open each display that I want to restrict in any way and set the security code accordingly
3. Leave all the other displays alone as by default they are set to "*", which means that anyone can access them, which is what I want

As I've mentioned above, I don't believe there is any document collating all of the display security settings. I would suggest that the information would likely be contained in each individual display file - so you could get into the XML code of each display file, or export and open them with Notepad++ or something, but you're still dealing with 187 separate files.

But then all of this is just speculation and assumption, because clearly I'm still not understanding your situation fully. If you spell out clearly what the current situation with your PVP is, and what you would like the situation to be, then perhaps I can be more specific instead of just guessing.

You're still just drip feeding information and expecting us to connect the dots.

Your original question was:
Is there any way with out opening each and every display and then going to display settings to get the code for each screen?

and I have answered it.

If you want any more specific help, then give me something specific to work with, like:

"I have a PVP with 187 displays, all of which are assigned a certain security code. There are x number of users defined, having varied security code access levels. I would like to add another user, and I know which screens they should have access to, but I don't know what the security codes of those screens are. How can I quickly find out the access code levels for the screens I want to allow access to?"

Otherwise, I'm not going to waste any more time trying to guess what you're up to.

Hey, if simple is what you're after:

No.