Seek help!! Programming the stepper motor

ac123

Hello, I am new To using Plc. I found difficulty in programming a stepper motor with mitsubishi FX3u plc by using GX developer. I have learnt that using plsy function, which is plsy (freq) (no. Pulse) (pulse output)

But I have tried several combinations, the stepper motor only had an initiative start and no rotation and when the pulses were sent, a stop was heard.

Would any of you tell me where the problem is? :cry:

May I ask a stupid question?
Do I need to set up any parameters before trying plsy function? If yes, what kinds of parameters are compulsory?

Excuse my ignorance of the entire set up, but I can not imagine a PLC outputting sufficient current to drive a stepper with it's pulse and direction commands.

there must be a stepper driver somewhere in your set up?

Can you verify that step and direction pulses are being sent by the plc? An O-scope would be helpful with that.

You might also determine if the direction terminal input was being held or pulsed with a VOM.

One could manually signal the driver just by touching and lifting the Step input wire.

One needs to be sure of the basics before jumping to the PLC software etc.

I have tried it, the scope showed that only a pulse went sent at the moment that the "pulse" was first received and the number of pulses have been "sent". There are no pulse signal was shown in the scope in the duration.

Can anyone predict what problems or mistakes should be?