HMI solution for PC running Windows CE 6.0

cstca

I'd like to have an HMI running on a PC with Windows CE 6.0 (or Windows Embedded Standard 2009). I checked with Rockwell and Siemens and even if the PVP is running on Windows CE, they don't sell just the runtime license to be installed on another hardware. The PC I'm looking to use is Advantech TREK series and I have a Control Logix PLC L72. Communication will be over Ethernet IP. Are there any options for this configuration?
Thanks.
CoS

Windows CE is not a general operating system like Windows XP/7, it is a target-specific operating system, where OEMs (like Siemens and Rockwell) customize the installation on to their panels, and you use their development software to transfer the project to their own target. You should check if Advantech has a development software for their TREK series devices, and if they have the Ethernet/IP driver for your controller.

The recommendation used to be Indusoft studio, it will run on CE (5 and up) and on WES2009 (which is XP SP2). They'll sell you development and runtime licenses.

Nowadays you could look at PanelExpress, which would run on WES2009 (not on x86 CE tho). Development is free (through the designer software) and the Runtime price is based on number of I/O tags in-use
http://www2.advantech.com/webop/

Both of those have Ethernet/IP drivers. Indusoft will have more options, the PE will be Tag based TCP CIP.