Red Lion Graphite, Creating a file location

Edmhydraulics

Hey all, I have a question for any and all of you Red Lion guru's out there.

I have a customer that wants the HMI to create a file folder in a specific location on the network and save files to it, is this possible with Crimson 3 and the Graphite, I am guessing it is but I have not tried it.

Any hints or ideas on where to start with this??

Thanks

Edm.

I did some work looking this up, apparently you can "push" the files out to a network location, I will be working on this in the next few days.

Okay, another question, I have 10" Graphite HMI with a GMINI8, this is an 8 channel current input module from Red Lion specifically for the Graphite. One would think you would be able to access the analog channels from the Comms Slots, but when you click the dropdown list there is no comms modules listed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Its not under Comms Modules, but down at the bottom of the left pane under I/O Modules where you add the input card to your configuration. I have not used them in "real life", only experimentally in the editor.

It appears you have to click on I/O Modules, then right click on the Slot number, right click, then New Module, pick your board, then set up the details.

To access the data on the channel, I believe you need to assign a tag to it, or use a direct reference to that module form within an object.

I have not used any of these modules myself, so I am not 100% clear on the details of what to expect on real hardware.

Okay, yet another question, I am data logging with this HMI, the customer wants to set a test duration and count down until the test is over then set a flag on the screen.

If I had a PLC in the system this would be super easy, but I was given the HMI with the GMINI8 Analog Input module on the Graphite so there is no PLC in the system just the analog input module reading the process data.

I have been in contact with Red Lion Tech Support, and they have a sort of work around, but its not ideal.

Has anyone here ever done a countdown timer strictly in Crimson 3 without using a PLC?

countdown timer in Crimson 3

Display pages have an action called On_Tick which is called once per second when the screen is visible, a global one is located at the top of Display Pages navigation Bar.

create a Numeric tag to hold the number of seconds to countdown, then
create a program that subtracts one from that tag and test if the value has reached zero, if so the call another program that does all the things that happen at the end of the countdown.

At the Global Action tab - On-Tick put the name of the program that subtracts in the box so it gets called.

hope this helps, we use this to control our oven recipes.