RSLogix compare tool: "exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown

Malec82

RSLogix compare tool: "exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown

Hi Everyone,
As in title - During programs comparation RSLogix 5000 compare tool is showing the error "exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown". I’m getting this error always at the same moment of the process – “Analyzing: Controller”. I’ve checked that during the comparation 5,2GB memory is used and over 10GB is free, so I assume this is not the hardware resources issue. Here are some details that might be helpful:
- The machine has 3 PLC’s for 3 different modules
- The comparation fails in the same way for each program from this machine, but works fine with other programs from different machines
- Failing programs are written in PackML and are quite complex
- The programs are in version 20.01.00, PLC's are 1765-L74 rev. 20.12
- I googled this error and found exactly the same name on the Microsoft site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/909678 but I’m not familiar with SQL or any databases at all.

Thanks for your replies guys. I've installed the newest version of compare tool as it is described in nhatsen's link. After that he comparation process failed when it was almost done, but it thrown the message to decrease the value of "MaxSuppotredTagMembers" parameter in Parser.config. I decreased from default 5000 to 50 and it worked :) I just don't understand why it has to be decreased instead of increase. Could anybody explain what exactly is this parameter?

... the message to decrease the value of "MaxSuppotredTagMembers" parameter in Parser.config... Could anybody explain what exactly is this parameter?
That's a good question for a Rockwell Software guy.

My guess is that the Compare Tool needs to allocate memory space before parse all the information inside the ACD files.