PanelView PLus 6 max Ethernet/IP connexions

JEANST

Hello
I'm not very experienced with PanelView screens and i would ask about one question.

I have a PanelView plus 6 1500 touch with FactoryTalk view ME 7
I would like to display informations from 14 plc's which are around the plant.
each plc is accessible via Ethernet/IP
Is it possible to create in Rslinx enterprise 14 shortcuts to access each plc's tags. I can't find any informations about the maximum possible Ethernet / IP connexions

If anyone can help

There is no hard limit to the number of PLC connections on the PanelView Plus.
14 PLC is no problem.

But they do offer a PanelView Plus Compact, and that is limited to just 1 PLC.
Also, if you put too many tags on scan at one time you may find the PanelView Plus response is not fast anymore (ex. 10,000 tag updates per second)

I found out the hard way that there is a hard number of connections for PV+6. If you open the web page for a PV+6 you can see how many connections are used. Each PLC by default will use 3 connections. 2 read and 1 write. There is a registry setting on the PV you can set to only use 1 read. There's a tech note on it #39366.

Hello
thanks for all your informations
It seems after have reading some documentations on rslinx enterprise that
there is no limitation about PLC's but about tags.
at the moment i have 9 plc's connected (7 micro 850 and 2 Compactlogix)
and seems ok...

I would like to know where it is possible to choose the number of tags which are scanned or it is just the of tags declared in the FTView application ?
[Also, if you put too many tags on scan at one time you may find the PanelView Plus response is not fast anymore (ex. 10,000 tag updates per second)]

also thanks for the tech note JaxGTO it would be interesting in my opinion to light up the load of communication unfortunately i need the tech connect contract to read this...and i don't have..maybe have you a pdf of it.

You don't have to choose which tags are on scan. In FTView, only the displays that are open will have their tags on scan.

There are also background services that have tags on scan (FTView ME, PanelView Plus). The most important are the tags in alarms, data logs, global connections and macros (when they run).

Take the total number of tags on scan at one time and divide it by the tag update rate.
That will be your tag update per second.
Ex. a display has 100 tags and an update rate of 0.250 seconds = 400 tags per second tag update rate.

Hello

thanks for this information
i have approximately 700 alarms tags and 100 tags in the datalog model
and let's say 50 tags per display. it seems to be ok at the moment.
i will see with 6 plc there are left to connect to the network.

thanks again