how to configure new password on ML 1400 LCD

jugenzhu1963

Hi

I would like to configure a new password to prevent someone changing the ip address. There is no password at default. Every time i just press the "ok" button to edit the ip address. After i input any number in master password it never accept the new password. How can i setup the new password? i can't find in user manual.

thanks

Note: I haven't used passwords on the 1400 but it appears that the Master Password is set using RSLogix500 to edit a program. Under 'Controller Properties' choose the 'Passwords' tab. The program with the new password must be downloaded to the processor.

You have to set a password via RSLogix 500 under the Controller Properties on the Passwords tab and download the change to the controller.

For the MicroLogix 1400 there are three available passwords...

Password
Master Password
Subroutine Protection Password

As you can probably see from the LCD it is the Master Password you would need to set to restrict access to changing the IP address.

EDIT: Quick draw Bernie...

Regards,
George

Warning !!!
Warning !!

YOU MUST write down the password and have it stored somewhere so that others that do the programming can get to it.

If you are on vacation and the processor dies with no password available, you will get a call to come in and fix it.

You will be required to enter that password everytime you open the program.

james