ADD More PWM outputs to S7-1200 CPU?

Kasperv79

Hi Guys.

I got a 1212C DC/DC/DC with 4 PWM outputs. I thought by adding an SB1222 atop of the CPU would give me more PWM outputs... but apparently not..

Are there any way that i can add more PWM? either by hardware or software ?

You could probably add remote IO cards, like an ET200SP rack with PWM modules, but I don't think that the 1200 can go above 4 PWM in its own IO.

I assume the limitation has something to do with Siemens trying to push people into their bigger PLC families and profinet enabled drives for bigger applications, but I'm really not sure.

Doesn't sound good..

hmm.. Ive been looking at all CPU's, 1200, they all only have 4 PWM..

SFB49 for S7-300 is a Pwm function, aint there anything likely for 1200?

D
SFB49 for S7-300 is a Pwm function, aint there anything likely for 1200?

As far as I know, SFB49 was only used with 300 CPUs that had built in IO. The biggest was the 313C, which could also only do up to 4 PWM channels. It didn't allow the 300 to do PWM on any output, just the built in PWM outputs. Exact same concept as the 1200.