CompactLogix - adding modules not in catalog

MartyMaucher

I got this CompactLogix 1769-L33ER talking and updated firmware to V27.11. Module Discovery doesn't appear to read anything when online.

So, I'm trying to add the modules while offline, and the Catalog does not have several modules that I have like MVI69-MNET. And do the power supply and end cap adapters need to be added (they are not in the catalog, either)?

OfflineAddModules.jpg

Last edited:
MartyMaucher said:
...the Catalog does not have several modules that I have like MVI69-MNET...

Are all your modules third-party ProSoft modules?

As you can see you already have some AOPs for some ProSoft modules. If you see there are AOPs for their other products it should indicate there is likely one for the product you now want to add. You should always look for available Add-On Profiles for third-party modules that are compatible with Rockwell products. Most will create them for ease of integration.

For the MVI69-MNET there is an Add-On Profile (AOP) available to add to your Logix Designer Catalog and also an Add-On Instruction (AOI). Not to mention a sample program...

Go here and select the "Downloads" tab for all the goodies...

MVI69-MNET - Modbus TCP/IP Communication Module for CompactLogix

Regards,
George

Last edited: