Beijer HMI?

rupej

Hello All,

I'm working on a project where I planned to use a MicroLogix 1400 paired with a PanelView Plus 6, 600 Compact. The customer has come back and requested that I use a Beijer HMI instead. I've never heard of Beijer- Is it going to be a nightmare to get it to talk with a MicroLogix? Is the HMI software easy to work with? I'm curious to hear from anyone that has any experience with Beijer.

Thanks!

Getting Beijer to work with a MicroLogix should be no problem.

You can download the Beijer software for free (trial 30 days) and see what it looks like.
The interface is modern and follows the ribbon style from Microsoft.

Is it easy to work with? eh, it's different. Once you get used to it, you'll probably love it better than any other HMI.

I'd call it intermediate to advanced; not simple to get going but has the most powerful (refined) features out there.
It still has bugs and crashes (at least in the past).

I did a project last year that had 9 Beijer QTerm HMI's that used the iXDeveloper software to configure.

I interfaced these with an AB ControlLogix PLC. It was pretty easy and straight forward to get everything talking. I would think that it would be just as easy with Micrologix.

This was my first project using Beijer software, and I had a pretty easy time getting used to it. My biggest gripe is the lack of a "find and replace" feature. I did come up with somewhat of a work around that I would be happy to share if you are interested.

There are some youtube videos out there that go over the software and some of the basics in project development. There is also an on-line forum that I was able to find the answers to alot of my questions.

Ive used it a few times, really good package and some of the features on the HMIS are unexpected (gis,videos,pdfs/file viewers,weberver,etc...).

Also the ability to program your own code in the background is really useful, i think its vb but dont hold me to that.

The other huge benefit is the cost, its ALOT cheaper than the AB alternative.

It can be tricky to find your way around at the start, but all in all good product & helpful company if you call.

Ash

The programming language is c#, and you have the whole of the compact framework 3.5 to work with (on CE panels). Pretty unlimited what you can do with it to be honest.

I have used beijer for 10 years. most of all i like the amount of plc drivers that remained in iX. IX is easy to start and first application made in minutes. but you'll find it's only half way done and coded by ppl that have never seen industry. Stick to whats included instead of writing your own code or importing other windows dll. Good support though.

I agree with most of the things above. You did not mention what series you will be using, I assume iX since E-panel is phased out.

Yes programming is C# based, but for most stuff you will not see or use that.

Some of the hardest thing are very easy to do in iX, but some of the easiest things are very hard. Historic trending has been very confusing, and something like a momentary push button requires you to set the bit when pressed and reset bit when released.

We have had issues with performance and speed. Which are promised to be resolved with the latest software/firmware release.

All in all, it is not a bad brand. with good support. You will like the price as well, compared to your PV :).

Not bad - I have used them before. Software is free in OZ. Had some issues with hardware failures and the sunlight readable screens may be fine in Europe but not in Oz where the sunlight is so much stronger. Found the sane issue with Red Lion sunlight readable screens by the way - just as useless in Oz for mine. The software is OK but not brilliant for mine momentary push buttons are a pain as noted. Had no real issues communicating with Omron PLCs but it is different.