Mitsubishi VFD Modbus communication

Currently I'm trying to write a program where a Micrologix 1400 can control a Mitsubishi E700 series drive over Modbus. My point of confusion is address 40009: Inverter status/control input instruction.

From what I'm reading in the manual, this address is BOTH the status register AND the command register, depending on if you're reading or writing to it. This makes no sense to me. Seems like it would make more sense to make them separate registers. Right now I'm planning on programming it to cascade. First, do a read of register 40009 into my PLC address (N40:0), and then when the MSG.DN bit goes high, write my command PLC address (N40:1) to the same register. Am I on the right track?

Also, I'm confused as to what I need to do to control the speed. In the manual it lists register 40014 as "Running Frequency (RAM value)" as "read/write" and register 40015 as "Running frequency (EEPROM value)" as "write."

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. I imagine "RAM value" would be a temporary value and the "EEPROM" value would be like a default for power-up, but I'm not entirely sure and I can't find any more detail explanation in the manual.

From what I'm reading in the manual, this address is BOTH the status register AND the command register, depending on if you're reading or writing to it. This makes no sense to me. Seems like it would make more sense to make them separate registers. Right now I'm planning on programming it to cascade. First, do a read of register 40009 into my PLC address (N40:0), and then when the MSG.DN bit goes high, write my command PLC address (N40:1) to the same register. Am I on the right track?

I had a look in the manual and I think you understood it correctly.

I would do a read of the status to one address in the PLC and a write to the command from another. You can write in a fixed cycle or just when you change the command, it makes no difference in theory, except if you unhook the cable to the VFD. In that case writing the command continuously is better.

You should hook up a PLC and a VFD with a motor and test.

Mitsubishi Vfd and delta plc communication

Hi!!
I want to ask question if you check modbus register 40009 i want to run vfd but i am little bit confused that what will be the hexadecimal value of it.Because when i put the value H9c49 i not work..
I convert 40009 into hexadecimal value give H9c49
Hope you will reply.
Regards

Hi!!
I want to ask question if you check modbus register 40009 i want to run vfd but i am little bit confused that what will be the hexadecimal value of it.Because when i put the value H9c49 i not work..
Hope you will reply.
Regards

This thread is three years old and a lot of people on this site won't bother to look at it. You are much better off starting a new thread.

Hi!!
Hope you will reply.
Regards

Move H2 to that header address 40009 start and H0 to stop

Hi!!
How it can be done?
Can you tell me how H2 move to header address 40009?
Can you write the one line ladder logic?
I wanna see example.
I can't understand 40009.
Please help.