AT Commands from Ethernet on Compactlogix

Boxy

Hi,
I have a project where I am looking to send AT commands to an modem so it send alarm messages via Text.

I have everything I need at the modem end, but cannot seem to find anything on the compactlogix (L30ER) end to send ASCII or any Message via the Ethernet on the CPU.
Surely this is possible or am I expecting too much?
Can the MSG instruction or any instruction be used to send non-AB commands via the Ethernet port? like you can with the serial port on the older L32's

You need to use Logix Sockets
Start with technote 32962

Also you can send text message using built-in email functionality

Similar Topics

I have a Powerflex 753 that I can start with ethernet commands. However, it doesn't follow the speed reference. It only runs at 60HZ...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am currently working in SoMachine with the TM241 Schneider PLC, I also have a modem from Wieland. Is it possible to send AT commands from...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys,Im trying to send commands, basically to enable and disable weld, whit a Micrologix 1400 PLC to a MIller Autocontinum 350, by ethernet. Im...
Replies
Views
Wondered if there were any thoughts on this. I am developing a project and with alot of package plant on an ethernet ring (S7-300). My original...
Replies
Views
I am working on developing some programs for a Kinetix 300 drive with an L32E with version 17. I have about 6 sample programs directly off of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom