Scaling analog inputs for 1769-IF8 card in CompactLogix

MartyMaucher

I know this has been covered before, but I can't get this scaling to work in Logix Designer/CompactLogix 1769-L33ER project. I tried to:

- Configure the range in the analog input card properties: Not in CompactLogix
- Use Scaled Parameter (SCP) instruction - does not exist
- Use a custom AOI instruction from the AB SCP.L5X file: File does not open - error on line 1 as shown below

Is there a latest and greatest way to scale these inputs?

SCPError.PNG

You could roll your own using the CPT function, or use function block SCL.

Just to check, you are trying to import the aoi by right clicking on Add-On Instructions and doing an import right?

Oops... I was trying to open the file as a project. Thanks for that - I now have the imported SCP function. Any idea what the Input_Min and Max are?

scp.PNG aiconfig.PNG

Table 3.17 Valid Input Data from this document should answer that!
1769-um002_-en-p.pdf
depends a bit on the input voltage/current selection

By far the easiest method is to use an AOI to create the SCP function for you. Rockwell has created one and posted it on their website, or you can use the one i have attached.