Deploying An AdvancedHMI Project

gclshortt

Here is our latest post on deploying an AdvancedHMI project on the industrial floor.

Here are a few thing we cover:
Hardware
- Computer
- USP - uninterrruptable power supply
Software
- Turn Off windows update
- Security - Set permissions - Limit internet use
- AdvancedHMI - remove ControlBox, Miximize Screen Size, Topmost property
AdvancedHMI-Deployment-060-min.png

Here is part of the post...
Deploying an AdvancedHMI project on the industrial floor sounds like an easy task, but there are a few things that you should consider. The HMI (Human Machine Interface) user interface will run on a computer. The industrial environment is one in which temperature, dust, electrical noise, etc. are always present. This can also be combined with workers wanting to play with the new computer. We will look briefly at the hardware and software items that will make your install more reliable and user friendly in the field.
Read the rest of the post...

Let me know what you think.
Thank you,

An additional tip:

On the PC that will run AdvancedHMI, click the start button and type CMD to find the Command Prompt. Right Click on the command prompt and select Run As Administrator

Once the Command Prompt opens, type the following:

bcdedit /set {current} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

This will prevent problematic startup when the PC is not shut down properly as often happens in the industrial environment.

Thanks Archie for the tip on disabling the windows error recovery on startup.

The AdvancedHMI software is a great product!