GE Fanuc Series 90 micro software

Ravingmadman

I hope there is someone out there that can help. I recently inherited 35 Magnum presses (circa 1995) that have GE Fanuc Series 90 micro PLC's. The program for it is not compatible with my Microsoft 7, so I was wondering if there is an alternative programming software that would work for both. Thanks for any information.

What programming software are you trying to use? The current offering from GE is called Proficy Machine Edition.

Program files created with the earlier GE software packages, Logicmaster or VersaPro, can be imported into a Proficy Machine Edition project.

LogicMaster90 software must be what you have. It is dos based and quit working after WinXP.
You can get it to run on WIn7 in a WindowsXP mode virtual machine....but it is tricky.
It is best to upgrade to Machine Edition.

The above is good information. Worst case will that you will need to download the latest firmware for your those S-90 Micro PLCs.
GE still makes a VersaMax Micro that is compatible too.

From a PM sent to me, Russ and NetNathan.
Do you know what software that I can use to program the 35 GE Fanuc series 90 micro PLC's that is compatible with Windows 7. I would change out all the units for newer ones, but that would get expensive. Any thing that you could tell me would help. Thanks
We've already given you the names of the three GE software packages capable of programming those PLCs. The good news is that the programming package that GE is currently selling (Proficy Machine Edition) is compatible with them, even though they are obsolete models.
Speaking only for myself, although I think Russ and NetNathan will agree, I prefer to keep the discussion here on the forum and not take it offline by PM. By keeping it here other people with similar issues may benefit and you may get additional people involved in the discussion.

From a PM sent to me, Russ and NetNathan.

We've already given you the names of the three GE software packages capable of programming those PLCs. The good news is that the programming package that GE is currently selling (Proficy Machine Edition) is compatible with them, even though they are obsolete models.
Speaking only for myself, although I think Russ and NetNathan will agree, I prefer to keep the discussion here on the forum and not take it offline by PM. By keeping it here other people with similar issues may benefit and you may get additional people involved in the discussion.
I agree.
Get with your local GE dealer and ask to purchase Proficy Machine Edition Lite Developer Suite it currently costs about $650 USD. You should already have a cable.
If you give us the part number we can suggest a modern replacement for future needs in case one dies or to have on hand as a spare part.
If you need to update the firmware on any go here:
https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/CC_Knowledge?contents=Firmware_Upgrades__c&q=Series 90 Micro