question about plc which support modbus rtu

seyednima

Hello everyone i purchased a kinco plc k506 with modbus support .but most of the scada software (like ignition) required Ethernet port that my plc does not have it .my question is if i buy this product that i attach the link on below also attach a picture of the product am i able to convert modbus rtu to tcp/ip . or if i want to use advanced hmi that support modbus can i use rs232/rs485 to usb to connect it to my pc and use this software
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Serial-Devi...net-LAN-TCP-IP-Converter-Module-/291721611121

s-l1600.jpg

Hello everyone i purchased a kinco plc k506 with modbus support .but most of the scada software (like ignition) required Ethernet port that my plc does not have it .my question is if i buy this product that i attach the link on below also attach a picture of the product am i able to convert modbus rtu to tcp/ip . or if i want to use advanced hmi that support modbus can i use rs232/rs485 to usb to connect it to my pc and use this software
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Serial-Devi...net-LAN-TCP-IP-Converter-Module-/291721611121

I havent used the product that you linked but in theory I suppose it should work. just make sure that the driver you use supports modbus rtu over tcp/ip. what the port server does is just encapsulates the serial data into tcp packets. I know ignitions modbus driver does support this mode.

some portservers have additional options, like a digi one iap, that will convert the modbus rtu device to actual true modbus tcp. this would be needed if your driver did not support modbus rtu over tcp/ip.