Altivar 61 AO feedback need help

PLC_L

Hi all sifu,

I'm facing a problem recently when trying to retrieve the atv61 drive current feedback via its AO1 output in mA when the drive is in running. The plc using is m340 and I'm configured a bmxami0800 module for this purpose. All the while I was thinking those AO feedback from the drive are all very straightforward but don't seems so when I deal with motor current. The reading I get in the plc totally not tally with the monitoring drive current on the hmi during running. im quite puzzled with the statement below which found from the manual, so I believe there must be some calculation in between, appreciate if any expert willing to enlighten .

[I motor] (OCr): Current in the motor, between 0 and 2 In (In = rated drive current indicated in the
Installation Manual and on the drive nameplate).

Plc analog input conversion

AI LEU : 0

AI HEU : 100 (had tried change this to 52.8 but also not tally)

AI lo_raw : 0

AI hi_raw : 10,000

Atv61 drive setting

Rated mot. Current : 52.8A

AO1 : I motor

AO1 min output : 4mA

AO1 max output : 20mA

Scaling AO1 min : 0%

Scaling AO1 max : 100%

If the drives nameplate (not the motor) states that it is rated for 50A then your range in the plc must be 0-100 or 0-1000 for better resolution

Scale in the PLC

Hello PLC_L,

Firstly, check to see that the M340 is configured to accept a 4-20mA and not a 0-10V signal.Not sure of the M340 scaling that you have described . If the drive output is putting out a 4-20mA raw value ( the raw value in the PLC could be 4000-20000) then some simple scaling in the code should do the job:

CurrentValue :=((AI-4000)/16000) * (DriveRatedCurrent *2);

This way with a 12mA input, the current value calculated at the PLC would be 52.8, which is the drive rated current.

Alternately, if the raw value in the M340 is now 0-10000, based on your settings, then check to see if 0 corresponds with 4mA or 0mA and confirm 10000 corresponds with 20mA. Otherwise adjust the LEU,HEU, raw... and the other values you note.

The PLC AI is configured at 4-20mA and raw data range is 0-10,000. I've used a loop calibrator to check the AI channel using is in good condition, ie. inject 4mA and get 0 raw reading in PLC, inject 20mA and get 10,000 reading in PLC. The problem now is the drive output mA dont seems to be in the range of what i configured, ie. 0-100%. Is that mean if the drive rated current is 52.8A, the drive max AO scaling should be 2*52.8 ?

... The problem now is the drive output mA dont seems to be in the range of what i configured, ie. 0-100%. Is that mean if the drive rated current is 52.8A, the drive max AO scaling should be 2*52.8 ?

That's the way I read it.

Its very common for a drive to use 150-200% of rated current for 100% output of the AO, so you can see an overload.

The PLC AI is configured at 4-20mA and raw data range is 0-10,000. I've used a loop calibrator to check the AI channel using is in good condition, ie. inject 4mA and get 0 raw reading in PLC, inject 20mA and get 10,000 reading in PLC. The problem now is the drive output mA dont seems to be in the range of what i configured, ie. 0-100%. Is that mean if the drive rated current is 52.8A, the drive max AO scaling should be 2*52.8 ?

I believe so.