Reading Modbus Analog Signals in Control Logix

r8er_h8er

For the first time I have a load of analog signals being transferred into my Control Logix system via Modbus. I have sent analog to a DCS via Modbus by a COP instruction with the analog address/tagname copied to the Modbus Transfer file for 2 - 16 bit words. The DCS reassembles the data to read the analog signal.

Is there a tried and true method for receiving analog signals from a DCS? My blind attempt has been the following:

COP:
Source DCS_2_CAL[100}
Destination TIT_12345
Length 2

I'm sure this has been done before but I'm not sure and will not be traveling to debug this system, I'd like to have it right before I ship it.

I presume you're using a Prosoft MVI56 module. Which exact one ?

The Prosoft module's AOIs end up putting data into specifically named input and output array tags, so yes, the COP instruction is the usual method for moving that data into other tags.