Datalink Datatype Powerflex 753

ahuberee

So, I am trying to enable automatic device configuration (ADC) on my powerflex 753. I learned that in order to do this it requires changing out the default ethernet card (20-COMM-E) with the ENETR which has the firmware to support this feature. I swapped out the cards, but the controller didn't like the new hardware configuration. There are two types of 753 drive modules you can create, I had to delete the old one (Powerflex 753-NET-E) and replace with the new one (Powerflex 753-ENETR). I uploaded all the drive details into the project, but I noticed there were bad datalinks for some of the IO specifically, just the inputs. I don't understand datalinks, but I noticed some differences between the old configuration and the new one. 20-COMM-E groups them like A1, A2, B1, B2. The ENTR does not do this, however, i was able to select the registers associated with the same inputs previously linked. One of those signals was an analog input (a 4-20mA speed command) which enters the drive is scaled in the PLC before being sent to the drive as an RPM reference via datalink. When the operator attempts to move the equipment now it moves at full speed.

Refer to the attached pictures. I think when i created the new module the datalink variables change data types (DINT -> REAL). How do i change them back to DINT?

newconfig.PNG newtagdefinitions.jpg oldconfig.PNG oldtagdefinitions.jpg

Apparently these datatypes change between the two types of hardware interfaces. When upgrading from 20-COMM-E to the ENTR module, you have to reprogram a little. 20-COMM-E takes RPM/HZ value *1000 (ie, 60.5 Hz is 6050). ENTR Module takes RPM/HZ directly (60.5Hz = 60.5Hz).

The differences are outlined in the documentation.

Page 89:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/750com-um008_-en-p.pdf

Page 5-8:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20comm-um002_-en-p.pdf