CIP Messaging/ and or options

inkman2004

I am trying to send a message between a micro820 and a micro850. It is basically a plant shutdown bit. I have a PV800 in between the two. Is there a way to retrieve the bit from the HMI since i am having problems getting the messaging to work between the two plc's. I have tried tech support but all they do is point me in the direction of tech pubs which I had already been looking at.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum !

I'm not at all comfortable endorsing communications messaging between two micro PLCs as a "plant shutdown" feature. I strongly recommend you review the regulatory environment and hazard analysis before implementing a tenuous networking link for a critical process function.

That being said, I presume the two controllers are both on an Ethernet network ?

Go ahead and point to the same technotes that you've been reading and see if you can figure out a specific element of those technotes to narrow down your question. Otherwise we're just guessing about what you've read and what you've tried, and starting from scratch.