Ignition interface with Hach Wims/ Win911

My company is looking at using Ignition for our SCADA solution at a facility.

What is your impression of Ignition as compared to WW System Platform.

Does Ignition interface well with Hach Wims and/or Win911?

My company is looking at using Ignition for our SCADA solution at a facility.

What is your impression of Ignition as compared to WW System Platform.

Does Ignition interface well with Hach Wims and/or Win911?

I dont know what hach wims is so I cant answer that.

I have worked with both wonderware and ignition. I started with wonderware,so its not a case of being used to one over the other. Ignition is way more powerful and user friendly. Easy integration with a database is a game changer in the scada world. IT just makes stuff so much easier.

As far as win911, I found that it didnt integrate well. This is a few years back so win911 may have changed stuff, but I ended up using kepwares database to opc-da driver and then have win911 connect opc. I would then have to push the values I wanted to alarm off of into the database.

Since then, Ignition has come out with their own voice notification stuff along with sms. I find that this system works pretty well, although it took them a while to make some changes that made it viable in my line of work, but it seems to work well.

there are also other softwaares that may work better than win911 if you are against using ignitions tools. I would look into topview. I tested it after I had already setup win911 but it was pretty straightforward

http://www.exele.com/software-produ...pview-sql-with-inductive-automation-ignition/

+1 for Ignition.

In a previous job, I used Win911 and ScadaPhone both for alarm dialer solutions. Unless they've updated significantly, both only supported connections to OPC-DA servers. I'd also recommend looking at Ignition's Voice Notification Module.