CompactLogix to CompactLogix Comm

bluenoser337

I have 20 REAL values that I need to get from a 1769-L30ER (v24) to a 1769-L32E (v16) via Ethernet. They are both on the same network and I tried to set up a MSG instruction but it won't let me add the L32E as a new module in the L30ER (not suitable as I/O or some such thing), so not sure which way to go now. I've done lots of messaging way back with the PLC5s, SLCs, etc but this is my first crack at messages (or whatever the best way to go is) in the CompactLogix. Both PLCs have a controller tag set up with 20 REAL elements. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks Bullzi. The tutorial I am following shows to create the "other PLC" module under the Ethernet connection in the project tree. It won't allow me to create this. I am working with 5000 Mini on the customer's system. I wonder if that is why?

you do not have to add the processor to your project. You can do direct with the correct notation in your message instruction.

Last edited:
Thank you robo77. Tried the localENB,2,dest_ip,1,0 and it worked first try. I knew it had to be at least as easy as the old way. Thanks to all!!!!

Last edited: