ABB ACS600 Par group 10

ABB

Can any1 help me with how to access & change parameter group 10 of ABB ACS600 drive

Presently the drive is communication with AC80 PLC on FO but i need to start/stop the drive through the I/O interface which needs access to Par group 10. But i can't access par group 10, if any1 has the pass code to display this group or any other way then please help me

Can any1 help me with how to access & change parameter group 10 of ABB ACS600 drive

Presently the drive is communication with AC80 PLC on FO but i need to start/stop the drive through the I/O interface which needs access to Par group 10. But i can't access par group 10, if any1 has the pass code to display this group or any other way then please help me
It doesn't need a passcode unless someone set it up to require that before altering the program. That "someone" would not have been ABB, it would have been whomever originally commissioned the VFD. People often use that feature to SPECIFICALLY PREVENT later users from making changes. You can look to see if that's the case in Group 16, parameter 2. If it says "Open", you are good to go. If it says "Locked" then someone locked you out on purpose. ABB will not easily surrender their "back door" unlock code because it opens them up to liability if they give it to you and you do something that causes harm.

If it does say "Open" and you still cannot program the drive, I'd think it is most likely because the VFD is in a Running state. Parameter Group 10 can only be changed when the drive is "Off", meaning no Run command. So what sometimes happens is that when you are using communications as the control method, the PLC or controller never really removes the Run command, it simply tells the VFD to go to Zero Speed, which is technically different. So you would need to investigate the command line in your controller that is calling for the VFD and force it to an Off state before you can change the Control Location parameters in Group 10.

Actually, the code to open the parameters is in the instruction manual at Parameter 16.03. That puts it in the public realm. Of course, that doesn't mean that opening up the parameters is necessarily a smart thing to do.

Better be sure you aren't going to hurt or kill someone before you make any changes.