PVP 1000 Kepware using RTU Serial Modbus -- Can't disable DF1

antsrealm

Hi,

I have a project using a panel view plus 1000 communicating using kepware over Modbus RTU serial. Initially I was getting a com1 OS 12 error and I suspected it was to do with Rslinx Enterprise fighting over the com port so I tried to disable it but I could not find any way to disable the DF1 comms. In the end I changed the DF1 comms setting in the terminal config to use com 2 and that getts everything working except for that it keeps popping up a message saying it can't use com2 for DF1.

So I need to disable the DF1 driver. How do I do this? If i look at the terminal network settings I can see the driver and it has no devices listed. I cannot see a way to remove or disable the driver. Also in my project under rslinx comms the runtime has no DF1 driver either. I assume I am missing something here?

Thanks.

You're on the right track; DF1 Full Duplex and EtherNet/IP are the two drivers enabled by default in RSLinx Enterprise on the PV+ terminal when it ships from the factory, and DF1 Full Duplex will by default try to use the onboard serial port.

Check the right-side tab ("Runtime/Target") in the RSLinx Enterprise communications configuration to see if it has the DF1 Full Duplex driver still in there.

Also, when you download the *.MER to the terminal, be sure to check the "replace communications configuration" checkbox so that it overwrites the onboard RSLinx schema with the one from the Runtime/Target tab.

As a last resort, you should be able to delete the DF1 Full Duplex driver from the RSLinx schema onboard the terminal; I don't have a PV+ handy right now to tell you the precise menus to navigate to do that.

Thanks Ken. Yeah today is my day off and I'm back tomorrow, just trying to find a solution before I get to work tomorrow and the pressure is on.

I have definitely checked the runtime comms setup and there is no DF1 driver listed there. I'll have to double check the replace comms tick box but I'm pretty sure I had that ticked but that could be what I missed.

On the PVP+ config screen I feel like I have looked everywhere to try and find a way to delete the DF1 driver from there but I just can't see a way. I can modify the drivers baud rate, com port etc but no option to delete it. If you could direct me where to find the option to delete it on the terminal itself then at least if I can't correct it from the project I can just do it on the terminal.

Thanks,

Ok, so I am back at work and can confirm that no df1 driver exists under the runtime communication settings and I have the replace communications tick box ticked. Yet I still get a error message on the panel view saying "DF1: Failed to open COM2: as it may be already in use by another application."

*Note I changed it to com 2 on the terminal config page as it was blocking com 1

I refreshed my recollection by browsing through the Configuration Mode menus, so I have to amend my comment about deleting a driver in the onboard schema; you can only edit drivers, or do a "reset to defaults".

From the PV+ Configuration Screen:

[F4] Terminal Settings
-> Networks and Communications
-> RSLinx Enterprise Communications

That should bring up the RSLinx schema onboard the terminal. If you've deleted the DF1 Serial driver from the Runtime tab and applied the communications configuration when you downloaded that application, then there should be no Serial-DF1 driver present.

If there is, then you're going to have to sort it out with Rockwell Automation Tech Support.

Thanks Ken,

Yeah that's the config screen I was looking at and could not delete the DF1 driver as you said. I have also checked the run at startup options and the replace RSlinx enterprise communications is est to 'yes'. I assume this is correct.

For the mean time I have disabled the diagnostics banner to hide the message until it can be resolved.

Looks like I may need to make that call then.

Screenshot attached of comms setup.

Thanks.

Rslinx Comms.jpg