Save tags values Rslogix5000

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all, is there a way to save the tags values in rslogix5000 ??

I mean I want to upload some tags values which contains values of different recipies. The arrays I want to upload is N10[100], N11[100],........,N50[100]. Just want these values

If this is possible then I want to be able to download them.

Im wondering if there is an integrated tool or something from rockwell, i dont want to use excel and VBA to poke the values and then write.

Thanks!

Scenario 1. Assuming you need to do an offline mod, and a subsequent download......

There is a tool called the "data-preserved download tool"

I understand this will allow you to perform a download without over-writing the tag values.

However, I've never used it, because when you are online and do a "save project", you are prompted to save the tag values if you wish. That's the way I've always preserved tag values because the offline project then contains the values that were uploaded.

Scenario 2. You have recipe values in one PLC and wish to put the same values into other PLCs.

I would do this with MSG instructions, sending the recipe data to the others. You can decide whether this is continuous, or you can trigger them manually as you wish.

Actually none of the 2 scenarios are the one im dealing with:

The thing is that if somehow there is an error and these values changes I want to be able to put back old values that i saved without the need of downloading the program. Why ? because we might be in production with other recipies and dont want to cut the production downloading the program..

Just want to put back the old values

Actually none of the 2 scenarios are the one im dealing with:

The thing is that if somehow there is an error and these values changes I want to be able to put back old values that i saved without the need of downloading the program. Why ? because we might be in production with other recipies and dont want to cut the production downloading the program..

Just want to put back the old values

Why would the tag values change ?

What "error" could change their values ?

Do you want them to be changed ?

Tag attributes can make them Read Only to external comms, or you can make them "Constant" tags, which means only RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming software can change them.

Because some one changed it.. or because I wanted to test a new product and need to change some setpoints and then go back to the old ones..

Why can't you just trigger a routine to copy the array into another array and then manual trigger the reverse if you want to load from a backup? Should be easy with the COP instruction.