Siemens Software

Jezz

Hi All, we are in the process of getting a new wrapping machine for site and it's coming with a Siemens S7-1200 PLC as this is going to be our first Siemens PLC we'll need software for fault finding and modifications any recommendations as to what to get?

Hi All, we are in the process of getting a new wrapping machine for site and it's coming with a Siemens S7-1200 PLC as this is going to be our first Siemens PLC we'll need software for fault finding and modifications any recommendations as to what to get?
The version of the software you by should match the version used to develop the program on the unit you will be getting. For example if you get the latest version which is "V13.something" you will not be able to access the a PLC with a program developed with V11(I'm not sure about the just released V14). Unless of course you get a copy of the program or if it's on a program card then it won't matter and it's best way to got about it anyway.

The version of the software you by should match the version used to develop the program on the unit you will be getting. For example if you get the latest version which is "V13.something" you will not be able to access the a PLC with a program developed with V11(I'm not sure about the just released V14). Unless of course you get a copy of the program or if it's on a program card then it won't matter and it's best way to got about it anyway.

Definitely good advice, get the same version the vendor used. However, if you get a license for the newest version (v13), you can install older versions (v11/12) as well.

Note that v14 isn't released yet. It was ANNOUNCED at the fair this week; I'd bet it is still a few months away from being available.