Siemens - Any solutions for their poor HMI Numeric Pad?

Lamboom

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have often been frustrated with the difficulty in reading the Numeric Pad on Siemens HMI's .. you have to crank up the brightness to solar levels, and align your eye balls exactly in front of the screen, and the numbers are tiny.

I asked if there were any HMI updates for this design flaw, on the Siemens Forum: https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/thread/posts/146769/?page=0&pageSize=10 .. sadly, there are none. Looks like I'm the only one who's having this problem.

Yet, 5 years ago, Jurgen D'hondt was motivated to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_8SRgTWaY

Did anyone else out there care enough to improve the Siemens Pad? I'm actually using it to run a machine .. so, it get's used a lot. To bad their isn't a better numeric pad in the "Object Library" ... or .... is there? ... :)

Regards, Michael

Create your own set of buttons in the style you want and perform the processing to convert the presses into a number?

Thanks for that link MK ...

And.. LD
I was thinking I could do that.. but, there isn't much room on the 6 inch Basic screen. Could jump to another page, for all those numeric inputs .. I'll give it a try... Thanks.

Regards, Michael

Last edited: