1756-enbt

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 1756-ENBT that is configured for DHCP and connected to my enterprise network. I can see the MAC Address on the network switch. The port has been configured but the device WILL NOT pull an IP Address. So I used BOOTP server to connect to the device while it is in the chassis. It showed to be in DHCP mode... so I added to the relation list in BOOTP and assigned an IP Address of 10.5.55.100 but still cannot ping the device. I have read that in order to reset to factory default I have to do a message instruction. Unfortunately I dont know how to do that either... Could someone give me a hand please?

So it sounds like there is an issue with the network enterprise connection.- it should answer a ping after forcing the fixed address. Unless the IP people have built-in some kind of firewall.

Set a static ip in the same range that the card pulled, plug your laptop/desktop/whatever directly into the care and try pinging the IP.

The ENBT card is set back to showing on the scroll across the front:
DHCP and the MAC Address. When online it shows in the Internet Protocol tab being set as Obtain IP settings automatically using DHCP..

Currently waiting on my IT guy to tell me that the switch port it is connected to is configured....

I dont know what else to try.

Also through RSLinx Classic when connected to the backplane it shows under the configuration as being set for DHCP.