encoder counts and mm

helloankur

let me know the use linear equations , there is a pressure roller i want to ove it by 50 mm pl let me know how to use encoder pulses . encoder counts is 4000 and movement is 50 mm.

bend.jpg

Which roller is the encoder attached to?

Identify that roller, then calculate the circumference of it. That is how far the outside of that roller will travel in one revolution.

Then you will have Distance per Revolution and Pulses per Revolution.

Divide your Distance per Revolution by your Pulses per Revolution, and you will end up with Distance per Pulse.

there is linear encoder attached to 110 dia which go fwd and rev with 50 mm of encoder counts.
i have to use relation b/w required pos in mm and encoder counts.
this roller will go fwd and rev only .and encoder will counts .
now we van use linear equation.
x,y
y= encoder counts
x=pos in mm which drive from trigonometry equations.
now i have to comepare both value and trigger on/off signal for sol. for fwd and rev to maintain the pos in mm.

if you can give me E-mail of yours?
for better conversation.