Studio 5000 SFC (SFR instruction)

ohnedich6

All,

I was hoping someone could help me with the SFR instruction inside of the AB RSLogix/Studio 5000 software. Maybe I'm using this instruction incorrectly, or using the wrong instruction entirely. What I am trying to accomplish is if I have a stopping condition of my sequence (Operator PB Stop, Alarm A, Alarm B or etc.), that I have programmed in SFC, the sequence jumps step and goes directly to the beginning of the stopping logic (regardless of what step it is currently in before the stop condition).

For example, if I am currently in Step_004 (Routine: Fill) letting product into a tank via XV_001 and pump P_001, and Stop_Conditions becomes true, I would like to have the sequence jump to Step_100 and begin the shutdown steps of stopping P_001 and then closing XV_001. Should I use the SFR to jump to Step_100 should Stop_Conditions become true, or use a different method entirely?

See my attached image for the Ladder with the SFR routine in it.

Thanks for your help.

-Nathan

SFR_example.jpg

The SFR instruction just resets to the step of the SFC you specify. It doesn't start executing the SFC. I use Phase Manager to keep track of which SFC should be running.