Wonderware Shot History Data

Nan

Hi all

I am adding a new feature to our existing wonderware system, For now, we only have 5 shot history(one shot history contains 12 set of data like mode , prg no, temperature, pressure, flow rate, etc) What I would like to do is add shot history screen and some way to log shot history for up to 6 months. Normally it is going to be hundreds shots for a day, I hope I can store the shot history data in the unit of day( if we select a date, it will show all shot data stored in that date). I am not sure what is the best way to do this, hope you guys can give me some advise, any idea will be appreciated!

So i would say there are two ways.

1. You can historise the tags and this will give you the ability to build reports/queries to retrieve the data outside your SCADA. This however requires licensing.

2.Your other option and the one i use for batching type data is an interface to a SQL table, by doing inserts to a database tables. You can then use the SQL grid option to retrieve it to SCADA pages. This option does not cost you in terms of licensing but i would say the engineering aspect is more involved.