Tia Portal

vahid420

Dears

I want to add one Schneider PLC to my profibus network in TIA portal, but I can not see the new other station same as Simatic manager, in this software.
any body can help me about that?

I believe you'll need a GSD file that is imported into TIA portal so it knows what to look for; assuming the Siemens plc is the scanner and the Schneider plc is in adapter mode.

Thanks for your answer,
I want to used of Schneider PLC as master, too. I gonna to used multi master configuration on profibus.
You mean first should be add GSD file and after that I can see the Schneider in TIA?

I would collect GSD files for everything that will be on your network; each master will require it if the device is in their respective scan list (and may require it even if it isn't).

Yes I now we need GSD file every time, but in Simatic Manager in HW configuration we add new station (other PLC) and after that we add GSD file, meanwhile in TIA portal I can not find this way!
If I correct understand you say here first we should add GSD files, Is it OK?

I'm not a Siemens guy but I just had to do this very recently.

Open up your project in TIA Portal, go to 'Devices & Networks'.

Up top click on Options > Manage general station description file (GSD) and browse to your downloaded GSD files.

After this, whilst still in 'Devices & Networks' you can open up the hardware catalog on the right and browse to the new devices you added, then drag and drop them onto the network view to configure.

Dears

I have an other question, for add GSD file I need to only GSD for Profi card or should be add GSD for PLC, Profi card and other card that I connected to M340?

What exactly are you intending to achieve with this system with multiple masters ?

I am asking because I have never seen Siemens masters mixed with non-Siemens masters in the same profibus system (and not separated by DP/DP couplers).
Generally profibus master systems should be separated if possible.
The only use of multiple masters I know of is when Siemens PLCs wants to exchange data between each other, for example by S7-connections. Even then it should be avoided for a number of reasons.

There are so many disadvantages that you should not create a multi-master profibus system, unless you have a compelling reason.

The idea of multi-master profibus belongs from a time where Ethernet based fieldbuses (such as Profinet) were not even thought of.
I only see profibus multi-master systems in old plants and then only with all-Siemens devices.