Signet Flow Meter Scaling in RS5000

sjanes9

Here is what I am using.
PLC: 1769-L16ER-B1BB Running Revision 24.11
Expansion Module: IE8C placed on the side of the PLC Brick
A Signet 8900 Multi-Parameter Controller
A Signet 2536 Rotor Flow Sensor.

I have my flow sensor hooked up to input 1 of my 8900 controller. I am showing 500 GPM's on the first input on the screen of the 8900 controller. I have that input tied to the 1st output of the controller that is tied to Channel 0 on my IE8C module. Everything is communicating properly and I am seeing the numbers change in the Channel 0 tag in the PLC.
My problem is that my numbers don't seem to match. If I am at 500 GPM's on the controller. My value in channel 0 is 16386. I'm pretty sure it's a scaling issue, but I am not sure how to do that. I tried using the help file from the AB Knowledgebase, but I still don't trust the numbers I am seeing. Any Help would be appreciated.

The input scaling looks like you have it scaled for a PID loop. Are you using the input for PID? If not I would recommend that you scale the input to Engineering Units in the card properties. That will give you a range of 4000 to 20000. You can then use a SCP add on instruction to scale it to match the output of the meter controller.

So, what is your scaling in 8900's output and PLC's input?

You haven't provided enough info at this point for anyone to tell if it's a programming issue or instrumentation scaling issue. One segment at a time; get your meter and simulator out and see if the 8900 is outputing what it supposed to then to the PLC to see if it's seeing exactly what the simulator is outputting. After you done that, troubleshoot the scaling in PLC.

I can't find a manual for IE8C, I think it's very new but found the following in

1734-um001_-en-p.pdf

Defaults for 1734-IE2C scalers are +3277 @ 4 mA for low
and +16,383 @ 20 mA for high.

Assuming you are doing 4-20mA, of course.

I realize my first post was a little misleading. I was doing it on my Iphone.

In the Properties of the module you can set up the range you want to use. See attached pic. In my program I selected 4000-20000 because it worked out better for the scaling I was using in that program.

1734-IE4 Config.PNG

Sjanes9:
You have to use SCP instruction either AOI or block.
An easier way is to check your instrument scale and use Bullzi's suggestion and write down in low and high engieneering units what you get from your instrument with respecto to 4 and 20 mA.