How to get PLC & HMI programming projects?

chandrapaul,
I don't think Ronnie was asking how to contact you. I think he was answering your question.
You start by asking the people you know in the industry you're seeking work in if they have any projects you could help with. If they don't have any work for you, ask them if they know anyone who might need your services and proceed to make the acquaintance of that new list of people. Repeat as necessary.

thanks...actually in our country the companies do not do PLC programming. all the big companies buy whole automation system from foreign machine manufacturing companies. so i am trying to find is there any way to get projects from online.

chandrapaul,
I don't think Ronnie was asking how to contact you. I think he was answering your question.
You start by asking the people you know in the industry you're seeking work in if they have any projects you could help with. If they don't have any work for you, ask them if they know anyone who might need your services and proceed to make the acquaintance of that new list of people. Repeat as necessary.

thanks...actually in our country the companies do not do PLC programming. all the big companies buy whole automation system from foreign machine manufacturing companies. so i am trying to find is there any way to get projects from online.

Some HMI software will come with a demo of some sort, Schneider Vijeo HMI software does, never seen one for PLC software though.

Also it may be better to be a bit more specific and detail which industry and/or process you are interested in seeing examples of...

Or you could start by trying to program some of your own examples from basic ideas (such as programming traffic lights or a 3 storey lift) and then controlling them via the HMI ?

You will struggle to get 'real world' examples from industry as, unless you work for a factory that has the software you need, they aren't going to be putting their software on the internet.

Also, real world examples may not mean much without the context to go with them (i.e. without understanding the machine and application that they were written for)

:)

What the.......................... is this a comedy of errors.

The lad is asking how to get real work programming plc's and hmi's and do that work from home.

I presume he is already educated in some form of programming.

He is also asking can he tender for projects online.

And the answer to all these inquiries is a big fat NO

My one word answer was 'contacts' and Steve Bailey's explanation of how to get those was an expansion of that. :)

i already did some small projects. here is one...

Screen-Shot-05-03-16-at-04.58-PM.png

The lad is asking how to get real work programming plc's and hmi's and do that work from home.

I presume he is already educated in some form of programming.

He is also asking can he tender for projects online.

And the answer to all these inquiries is a big fat NO

My one word answer was 'contacts' and Steve Bailey's explanation of how to get those was an expansion of that. :)

chandrapaul, these factory's can be very expensive. Just an hour of downtime can cost thousands of dollars.

They would generally want the person who wrote the code to be there when it is all first turned on, just in case there are errors.

If you had a few months of real experience then maybe people who had worked with you in the past would trust you to outsource some of their work to you.

Oops. Misunderstood the original question.

Thought he was after getting hold of software projects to use/test/mess around with at home.

OP, as others have pointed out. You'll need to get a foot in the industry to get contracts to do work. Your best bet is to be sub-contracted by a PLC company. Although you will be needed on site to complete commissioning etc.

Also, depending on local rules you'll maybe need liability insurance etc

It's a difficult world to break into. I would first try and get a job either with a company that does this kind of work or in a factory where doing this kind of work is part of your duties. Then build from there. Good luck :)