S7-200 Q not working

Massimo79m

Good morning, i bought a used 226 216-2ad22-0xb0.
The Q1.2 -> Q1.7 are not working.

i made a very simple KOP for testing.
When i use Q0.0 -> Q1.1 they works (led is on, current flows), but when i try to use Q1.2 -> Q1.7, status leds are off and current don't flow.

i use microwin 4 sp9 (latest version).
the plc is correcty viewed by microwin: 226 ver 01.23.
Q commons are feeded.
on "information on cpu" in microwin there are no problem.
it's strange that the status leds are off.
are the Q broken, or it's something else?

another problem. the serial port 1 is not working.
I try to connect it to pc or td200. td200 tells "can't connect to plc" but it is feeded. the pc don't communicate. the port0 is working.
it's some configuration problem? i

Last edited:
I remember years ago a problem with an S7-200 port not working. It transpired that it had got itself some form of never-ending loop and I needed to run a .bat file or something like that to 'force' it open again.

The details are hazy but I *might* have the .bat file on my home PC somewhere? Have a look into it and, if it sounds like this is your problem, and you need the file I'll look later when I get home for you.

As for the outputs not working. I'm assuming there's nothing in the existing software holding them off?

I don't know a lot about S7-200 but have you tried doing a full memory reset on it?

The details are hazy but I *might* have the .bat file on my home PC somewhere? Have a look into it and, if it sounds like this is your problem, and you need the file I'll look later when I get home for you.

Good, thank you!

As for the outputs not working. I'm assuming there's nothing in the existing software holding them off?

no, it's simply a |I0.0| -> |NOT| -> (Q1.X)
Q0.*, Q1.0 and Q1.1 work, Q1.2/7 no.

I don't know a lot about S7-200 but have you tried doing a full memory reset on it?

Memory reset? never hear about it...
do you remember how can i do?

Are your inputs i1.6-i2.7 working?

If not, it may be a "repaired" plc with processor part from s7-226, but with the i/o and port part of a smaller unit like s7-224.

Good, thank you!

Memory reset? never hear about it...
do you remember how can i do?

The memory reset was a bit of a shot in the dark. I can't remember doing one myself but I'm just guessing that there would be a way to do it as most other PLCs have a 'reset' mechanism that you can access without getting online.

I'll look for that file tonight for you and get back to you.

:)

Aha!!! Good find!!!

That's the program I was talking about it.

I've used it before when I couldn't get online and it worked a treat (hence why I saved it to my home computer in case I needed it again).

Well found dal!

:)

Try unplugging all the wires. Take a good look at it and smack it around for a bit. See if that helps....and Yes i'm serious, >_>