Adding Point I/O to an existing Devicenet Network?

azapata

I'm currently using a 1734-ADN Point I/O adapter. I would like to know how i add this to an existing Devicenet Network? I understand it is a subnet of the existing network and that when setting up the subnet network the adapter must be added at node zero than add your other input blocks after.

Device Bridging...

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I recently posted a sort of "step-by-step" on exactly this setup. It involves using "Device Bridging" in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet.

I actually incorrectly posted it for that thread, as the user was using a different adapter, but it may prove useful to you here?

See post #8...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=686499

P.s. Replace my references to "1769-ADN" with "1734-ADN" and it will make more sense!

Regards,
George

Last edited: