Fanuc Register getting reset

MrRobot730

Hi all,
I'm currently at work and am running into an issue and curious if anybody has any ideas. A little info... Fanuc LR Mate 200ic w/ R-30ia controller. Robot picks and places K-Cups into box. Attempting to change a Register value in the iPendant. Value takes and change is visible on robot, but every time the robot is aborted/reset it reverts back to the original value. Verified controller is unlocked. Looked in the PLC program (RSLogix 5000) but didn't see anything which would cause the Register to reset to original value. There's a "RESET" program in the iPendant menu but the register that's being changed doesn't appear to be anywhere in that program, appears to only be resetting timers/layers,etc. Any idea where this reset command would be stored or what may be causing the register to not take? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Update

Update:

Ended up making a new Register with the desired setting and referenced that new Register in the routine. Able to abort/reset and hasn't changed back to old Register. Still curious as to why the original Register value wasn't holding when changed...

I agree with Steve. There must be something writing to the register after the instruction. I would try putting the original code at the end of all logic and see if it still gets reset.

Regards,

I believe you're right...after talking to a Fanuc tech friend of mine he said it's more than likely written into the KAREL programming which would make sense. Thanks for your replies!