RSView SE Database Import

akreel

There is a technote for bypassing the tag import wizard for RSView32 (Technote: A5955). Essentially, you create the .INI file and run the database import program with the .INI file as a parameter.

This approach doesn't seem to work with RSView SE. I have a feeling I need to pass more parameters to the "IceDbImp.exe" file in my command line. Does anyone know what those parameters might be?

Example: IceDbImp.exe c:\mytagfile.csv /???? -????

I'd like to figure this out so I can avoid babysitting the computer as I do multiple imports.

Thanks, all!
AK

Did you take note of the part about using quote marks to run the prog
To Run this program:

If you have ever imported an RSView tag database, the DbImpExpWiz.ini file will be found in the RSView directory. It will contain the parameters last used.

Assuming that RSView32 has been installed to the default location, at the run prompt enter the following... (Please pay close attention to the double quote location, failure to surround the program location in quotes will prevent the import from proceeding. Supplying extra quotes around the ini file will also prevent the import from proceeding.)

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\Icedbimp32.exe" C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\DbImpExpWiz.ini

I think I was running the program from its native directory, so that SHOULDN'T be the problem. I'll give it another shot.

AK

Sorry to revive a dead thread.... did you ever figure out the command line switches? I'm trying to script csv tag imports -- creating an .ini file and calling Icedbimp32.exe in a batch script -- doesn't seem like the parameters from the .ini are making it into the application though...