Wiring two open collector outputs to 1756-IB32 input

guitarwiz23

I am trying to wire a device which has 2 separate open collector outputs that need isolated channels to function properly to a 1756-ib32 discrete input card. The 24V from the power supply is not grounded. The way I am thinking this could be set up is:

+24V to the coil of 2 individual relays -> from the coil of the relays to the collector of each output, and from the collector of each output back to the 24 common/return. Then the plc is wired to the common and normally open of the relay contacts.

The part I am concerned with and would like feedback on is whether the emitter of the open collector output should be taken to common or to ground.

Thanks in advance for any input

1zSi0Re.png

Last edited: