Acs355

salem_gsm

I have tried to connect abb acs355 with com cable with pinout on this site posted but after many tries i get a fault code on drive a5001 and i have learned in manual that this is control pannel connection problem how can i solve this problem

help me pls

Sans titre.jpg

Last edited:
thanks bro but problem now is that the drive not enter menu i can do any think i have error A5001 how can i solve this problem ?

Dear Friends,
Anyone who knows ACS355 VFD RJ45 PINOUT(All pin assignment),please kindly share.
I will like to test ACS-CP-A assistant control panel without connected to Drive.Because,the control panel is showing unknown drive when I connected to VFD via panel connector.
Thanks

https://library.e.abb.com/public/8f0f44a0024e41d2985abc2c4dca9d3c/ACS355-UM_revC_screen_A5.pdf

Have you enabled the serial port?
Search for 'External serial communication activation' in the above manual and change the parameter.

Hope this helps,

Dear Friends,
Anyone who knows ACS355 VFD RJ45 PINOUT(All pin assignment),please kindly share.
I will like to test ACS-CP-A assistant control panel without connected to Drive.Because,the control panel is showing unknown drive when I connected to VFD via panel connector.
Thanks
Which port are you looking for information on? The OP has the correct pin out for the port used by the Key Pad and to connect Drive Window Lite via a computer.

Dear Friend,
I like to know All PIN-OUT on-board RJ45 port of ACS355 (8 PINs assignment not only 4 pins).
Somethings like attached picture,which pin is power supply/TX/RX/-TD/+TD etc.,
Please see the attached.
Thanks
CM577-2E.gif

Which port are you looking for information on? The OP has the correct pin out for the port used by the Key Pad and to connect Drive Window Lite via a computer.

Last edited:
The ONLY on board RJ-45 port on an ACS355 is RS-232 and the connections to it are in the first post of this thread.
For anything else you need to add an option module and each has a document detailing its wiring. What is the part number of your option module?

Or do you need assistance with deduction?
1 - Transmit
3 - Receive
2 & 6 - Ground
The others are not used.

Last edited:
Dear Friend,
I know that, can be found in manual book.
1 - Transmit
3 - Receive
2 & 6 - Ground
I don't want to add other modules.
The other pins of onboard RJ45 port should be used to connect with ACS-CP-A/ACS-CP-D/ACS-CP-C.
There are 6 pins using to connect with control panel via panel connector.(1,2,3,6,7&8)
May I know Which PINs were used to give power supply to control panel and what is the supply voltage?(ACS-CP-A/ACS-CP-D/ACS-CP-C).
If you have ACS355,easy to check. Power up and check all pins output.
I didn't bring ACS355 VFD with me, that's why I'm asking for help.
Thanks

[
QUOTE=RussB;706080]The ONLY on board RJ-45 port on an ACS355 is RS-232 and the connections to it are in the first post of this thread.
For anything else you need to add an option module and each has a document detailing its wiring. What is the part number of your option module?

1 - Transmit
3 - Receive
2 & 6 - Ground
The others are not used.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend,
I know that, can be found in manual book.
1 - Transmit
3 - Receive
2 & 6 - Ground
I don't want to add other modules.
The other pins of onboard RJ45 port should be used to connect with ACS-CP-A/ACS-CP-D/ACS-CP-C.
There are 6 pins using to connect with control panel via panel connector.(1,2,3,6,7&8)
May I know Which PINs were used to give power supply to control panel and what is the supply voltage?(ACS-CP-A/ACS-CP-D/ACS-CP-C).
If you have ACS355,easy to check. Power up and check all pins output.
I didn't bring ACS355 VFD with me, that's why I'm asking for help.
Thanks
The ONLY on board RJ-45 port on an ACS355 is RS-232 and the connections to it are in the first post of this thread.

1 - Transmit
3 - Receive
2 & 6 - Ground
The others are not used.

For A5001 (Drive not responding) issue, it was found that there is no DC3.3V at the connector X3 at WINT1011C power board.

IC A843 (DC DC buck converter P/N: ADP2301AUJZ) was found faulty.

After replacement, no more A5001.