IP or MAC address

I am working with AB Micro820 and I need to log performance data from the PLC to its MicroSD. Is there a way of having Connected Components Workbench get the IP or MAC address from the controller and write it to the MicroSD card?

I will have hundreds of these in the field so I do not want to create hundreds of individualized programs where I set the card ahead of time. The plan is to send a tech to switch the cards out and bring them back to be processed. Plus customer may be asked to purchase a new blank card and send in the used one for analysis.

More Info?

Hey Garry, I hope you are still around.

I read your reply and immediately wrote a ConfigMeFirst.txt file:
[BKD]
[END]

But it did not give me anything on startup of the PLC. (Pwr off, Pwr on)

The online text hints of a way to read the IP and turn them into Octets, I could probably get that to print to the SD card.

RA_IPADDRESS_STRING_TO_OCTETS however I have yet found the actual commands to use in Combined Components Workbench to use it...

If you know either the Backup Command for CCW or the IP to Octet or an IP to String command, I would love to know it!

Last edited: