s7-300 hardware setup

rob63

When connecting a s7 setup - psu, cpu, input and output is the correct configuration of cables

PSU-CPU 24v and 0v mass

Input card 0v wired to terminal 0, the rest of terminals on the card are for inputs from sensors etc

Output card 0v to 0 and 24v wired to terminal 10

I don't have a sensor to test my input card is ok, could i link 24v over to the input terminal?

When connecting a s7 setup - psu, cpu, input and output is the correct configuration of cables

PSU-CPU 24v and 0v mass

Input card 0v wired to terminal 0, the rest of terminals on the card are for inputs from sensors etc

Output card 0v to 0 and 24v wired to terminal 10

I don't have a sensor to test my input card is ok, could i link 24v over to the input terminal?

most input cards wire 0V on terminal 20 (+ on 1 but not always necessary), but you might have a card which doesn't? I think you should check this documentation.
you can wire a switch to an input, or just apply 24V to it to test